Vacancy DetailJob ref.: 0049
Job title: Care Work Assistant
Employer: One Housing Group
Job type: Permanent
Pay: 7.88 per hour
Date posted: 12/02/2018
Days - 7am – 3pm/ 2pm – 10pm
Nights – 9:30pm-07:30am
We have day or night positions however would prefer candidates who are flexible
Experience: Ideally care experience is required for the position
One Support is the housing, care and support arm of One Housing Group and is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of housing, care and support services across London and the South East.
Our aim is to improve the quality of life of our customers, building confidence and skills to allow them to live independently while playing an active role in their communities. We view all our customers as individuals with specific needs, treating them with respect and dignity, and focusing on achieving real results.
- To provide assistance and/or guidance where needed with personal care, e.g. taking medicines, shaving, and intensive personal or intimate care in circumstances where this is required.
- To carry out tasks including; shopping, cleaning, ironing, cooking, collecting benefits and/or prescriptions, and escorting to attend appointments whilst promoting individual independence
- To monitor the physical and emotional health of customers and take necessary action
- To encourage customers to influence the development of their service to ensure that it reflects their ideas, views, opinions and wishes
- To work alone on occasions, both within the service and in the community, working to the organisation’s policy and procedures when working alone and reporting any changes that may affect the personal safety of yourself and others
- To work and cooperate with others to ensure effective communication with other care workers, families, external professionals etc.
- To at all times carry out responsibilities with due regard to One Support Equal Opportunities policy and Diversity strategy
- To follow OHG, the Borough and CQC Safeguarding policies and procedures for vulnerable adults
- To respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act
Collaboration – Someone/team that has the drive and energy to become more of a united workforce; has effective working relations, improved partnerships with staff, customers/residents and stakeholders and consistently champions team working. Shares their knowledge and resources to maximise opportunities and outcomes and the benefits this has brought to the organisation.
Engagement – Someone/team that proactively or creatively engages with and involves staff, customers and stakeholder groups and significantly increases levels of involvement and participation among certain groups, as well as the positive outcomes, particularly with those that were not previously participating in OHG's work.
Excellence – Someone/team that shows continual hard work, dedication and commitment and goes above and beyond the remit and responsibilities of their role on many occasions. This includes excellence in terms of customer service and cases and dealing well with difficult situations to achieve a positive outcome
Respect - Someone/team that has a feeling of appreciation for others; who has trust, openness and honesty, values the equality and diversity of colleagues and customers and has the highest of integrity and levels of esteem in self and others. They show appreciation, openness and courteousness towards other staff members, residents/customers, stakeholders and the organisation as a whole.
Ambition – Someone/team that has the flair and ability to think outside the box to come up with innovative ways to improve existing processes and ways of working. Suggestions increase efficiency, lead to cost savings or improve the service we deliver to residents or customers in another way. This also includes the personal drive and desire to grow in the organisation for self and others.
- Basic level of education and relevant skills, knowledge and experience. Knowledge of
- An understanding of equality & diversity and health & safety.
- An understanding of the issues affecting vulnerable adultS
- Demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable adults, whether in a voluntary or paid capacity.
- Experience of providing assistance and/or guidance where needed with personal care
- Experience of communicating with customers, their families and friends and giving accurate feedback to the management team
- IT skills including use of Microsoft packages including Word Skills and abilities
- Good written and spoken English
- Good communication skills with the ability to engage with vulnerable people
- Ability to motivate and support vulnerable adults
- Ability to manage a caseload of customers
- Ability to set up and maintain administration and recording systems
*You will be contacted if you are successful in reaching the next stage.*