King's CrossAn extraordinary piece of London


Regeneration House

Then …

Regeneration House, now known as Two Granary Square, was built as the principal Goods Yard offices in 1850. It was designed by Lewis Cubitt as part of his work on the Goods Yard complex. These offices were the ‘nerve centre’ for freight operations across the site. The building suffered extensive bomb damage in WWII and had to be rebuilt. It was refurbished again in the 1980s by the London Regeneration Consortium.

2 Granary Square, King's Cross ArtFund, Regeneration House, Two Granary Square, King's Cross

… and now

The building has been sympathetically refurbished and renamed Two Granary Square. It is now home to the Art Fund and House of Illustration.

The Art Fund is the national fundraising charity that helps museums and galleries buy and show works of art. Two Granary Square is now the fund’s permanent headquarters. The Art Fund staff occupy the upper floors of the building, while the ground and lower ground floors are home to the House of Illustration. This is the world’s first gallery and education space dedicated to the art of illustration in all its forms.


2 Granary Square
London N1C 4BH


“King’s Cross is a model of constructive conservation that captures the special quality of London as it has grown over the centuries.”English Heritage