Following in the footsteps of last year’s Panarmonion stage and bar, King’s Cross has another exciting programme of music and performance this summer: Cubitt Sessions.
The pop-up venue, with a bar run by Green and Fortune, will open at King’s Cross from 30 July –13 August, with free performances from renowned contemporary and classical artists – running almost every evening in the two week programme.
The spectacular custom built structure will create a theatre for those in Lewis Cubitt Square to enjoy a host of classical, opera and contemporary musicians from the London Sinfonietta to Bombay Rickey Opera Cabaret, Mozart’s Flute concertos and improvised opera by Tete a Tete, and Opera Cabaret and experimental jazz (full programme details below).
The bar, serving a selection of drinks and snacks, will be open during performances. Expect a relaxed ambience, perfect for hazy summer evenings!
Speaking about the programme, Anna Strongman from Argent (King’s Cross), said:
“King’s Cross is delighted to present renowned contemporary and classical artists in this free music series. Usually performing in the biggest venues, this year’s line-up of international artists will entertain visitors in this unique and intimate setting. Visitors can also enjoy alfresco drinks and delicious food in the summer evening, while soaking up an electric series of performances.”
Cubitt Sessions 2016 runs from 6pm Saturday 30 July – 13 August. Performances will begin at 7pm.
– Sat 30 July – London Sinfionetta in Concert
– Sun 31 July – Impropera Opera Company: The Next Frontier
– Wed 3 Aug – Bombay Rickey Opera Cabaret
– Thurs 4 Aug – CRXSS_PLATFXRM// LIVE from Central Saint Martins
– Fri 5 Aug – Secrets by Muziektheater Transparant
– Sat 6 Aug – English National Opera performs Tell Me the Truth about Love
– Sun 7 Aug – Divertimento for Rope & Strings
– Tues 9 Aug – CRXSS_PLATFXRM// The Traplord Experience from Central Saint Martins
– Wed 10 Aug – Waste Paper Opera Company presents The Remarkable Rocket
– Thurs 11 Aug – CRXSS_PLATFXRM// LIVE from Central Saint Martins
– Fri 12 Aug – Sholololo! A chamber opera of terrace songs
– Sat 13 Aug – Classical Piano Recital by Alexandra Dariescu
For more details, please visit the Cubitt Sessions Programme or follow via social media: