It’s time to suit up the armour as Battle Bridge, a celebration of the mythological Roman history of the area, comes to King’s Cross next month (30 & 31 August). But whose side will you take in the battle of Boudicca Vs The Romans?
The free and family friendly festival will take place in and around Granary Square over an action-packed weekend that will allow you to go back in time and experience a day in the life of a London Roman, including everything from re-enacted battles to gladiator workshops.
- Learn how to battle like a Roman with Gladiator Workshops
- Indulge yourself in some Roman-inspired food and drink
- Learn the art of Roman hair braiding and beauty techniques
- Make your very own Roman Mosaic to take home
- Take a walk around a Roman house and make your own coaster
- Have your picture taken in full Roman get up
Visitors will be plunged into the heart of a Roman village, complete with props and famous Roman characters such as the mighty centurions. Come and meet these personalities and explore the history through a series of performances, workshops, games and installations!