The £200m campus for Central Saint Martins College of Arts and Design, brings together 5,000 staff and students under one roof.
The three-storey building is based around an internal street, naturally lit through a translucent roof.
It is made up of 10 acres of floor space, over 1.3 million timber blocks and enough concrete to fill eight Olympic swimming pools.
It contains four levels of multi-purpose workshops and specialist studios including performance spaces, workshops, film, art, fashion and graphic and design studios. The campus is also home to a 350 seat public theatre with its own entrance.
It occupies the Grade II listed Granary Building, built in 1851, which managed the storage and distribution of grain at the height of the Victorian industrial boom. It faces onto Granary Square which was completed in June 2012, creating one of London’s largest public squares.
The campus was designed by architects Stanton Williams.