Sustainable fast facts
- New habitat areas with over 400 species introduced
- Estimated carbon savings of over 45%
- 3 new buildings achieved BREAAM "Outstanding" in design
- 9,000sqm of green or brown roofs
- 79% of total power demand offset by Energy Centre
- 99% of total heat demand met by Energy Centre
- 375 NVQ achievers to date at the Construction Skills Centre
At King's Cross, sustainability is king
Opportunities like King’s Cross do not come around often. That’s why when they do, it is vital to create a sustainable place. A community with a long-term future that has minimal impact on the environment. This has been a guiding principle at King’s Cross.
There are many aspects to creating sustainable places. At King’s Cross it has included everything from promoting energy efficiency to encouraging green transport. From reuse of heritage buildings to a massive program of tree planting. From sustainable building design to ensuring social and cultural diversity.
Put these things together and King’s Cross becomes one of the most sustainable major developments in the UK. A place that respects its environment, its past and its future.